Here with Comfort – Pain Relief & Symptom Management for a Better Quality of Life
Why Palliative Care Buffalo?
Palliative care (pronounced pal-lee-uh-tiv) specializes in the relief of pain, symptoms and stress caused by serious illness — whatever the diagnosis. The goal of palliative care is to improve the quality of life for patients and their families.
Palliative care is appropriate at any age, at any point during an illness and can be provided at the same time as “curative” treatment.
Patients do better when they receive Palliative Care early.
A recent study conducted by the Cancer Center at the University of California, San Francisco, found that of 922 patients who had died (most in their 60s and 70s), those who received palliative care for 90 days or more were less likely to have late-life hospitalizations and/or intensive care unit or emergency room visits, than those who sought care later.
Palliative Care Buffalo services include:
- Pain and symptom management to improve quality of life
- Education about the disease
- Advice on living with serious, progressive illness and developing goals of care
- Coping strategies for side effects from treatment
- Help with coordinating patient care and navigation of the medical system
- Assistance with Advance Care Planning