Comfort Care ~ even while you're seeking
Home Connections program provides home-based case management and support to patients facing chronic or progressive illness and their families. Best of all, there may be NO ADDITIONAL COST to the patient. Our palliative care physicians recognize that each patient is an individual, and that his or her needs are unique. We view ourselves as partners in our patients’ care, and see the patient and their family as vital components of the team. Home Connections is affiliated with Palliative Care Buffalo.
Home Connections Team includes:
• Patient’s Physician
• Palliative Care-trained Registered Nurse
• Social Worker
• Trained Volunteers
• Palliative Care Physician oversight
Home Connections Program offers:
• 24/7 On-call Nurse Support
• Social Work identifies patient and family needs and links to community support services
• Supportive discussions about your disease, healthcare decisions and advanced care planning
• Frequent phone contact to monitor patient’s condition and answer questions
• Volunteers for companionship, caregivers' respite, transportation assistance, and help with other needs, upon request
Who is eligible* for Home Connections?
Our services are covered in full by Univera, as well as many of the Blue Cross and Independent Health plans and are available to those facing serious, progressive illnesses including but not limited to:
• Advanced heart disease, including congestive heart failure
• Advanced lung disease, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and pulmonary fibrosis
• Cancer, whether or not the patient is undergoing active treatment with radiation or chemotherapy
• Serious progressive neurological diseases such as Lou Gehrig’s disease
• Advanced Alzheimer’s disease or dementia
• People with repeated hospitalizations or emergency department visits
*Eligibility will be determined upon referral.