Hospice Inpatient Unit Visitation Policy
Updated May 21, 2021
Due to current COVID-19 illness and in accordance with CDC and Department of Health guidance, we are implementing the following visitor policy to protect the health of our patients, visitors, and staff. This policy is subject to change.
3 visitors are allowed in a patient’s rooms at a time between 8am-8pm
1 visitor may stay overnight from 8pm-8am
Children under 10 may have a one-time, one hour visit per stay. They must be accompanied by an adult and the visit must be approved by the Charge Nurse.
Please arrange visitation within the family so that no more than three people are on Campus at a time. There is to be no waiting inside the building to switch out visitors. If three people are already here visiting, you will be asked to leave the premises.
In line with the directive to maintain social distancing and limit the potential for exposure, please note the following:
- Visitors must always wear a mask or facial covering while in the building, in patient room, and on Campus or will be asked to leave
- Visitors must stay in patient rooms and not congregate in common areas
- Visitors will be asked to leave the room while staff is providing care to patient
All visitors will undergo a wellness screen each time they enter the building
- If you have tested positive for covid, been with someone who has covid or have symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, cough, chills, nausea or vomiting we ask that you stay home until you are feeling better)
- Anyone with a temp of 100 degrees or higher will not be allowed to visit
- Anyone with respiratory symptoms will not be able to visit